BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nursing Muffin

Muffin doing well, his scrotum is swollen and red, but overall, he got his appetite back.
Nursing a dog who just gone under a major surgery equals patience and perseverance.
Last night when he finally allowed to eat, we fed him both Royal Canin Neutered combine with Eukanuba Puppy for Small Breed.
Since Muffin has his cone collar on, means he can't eat by himself, so I put his dog food on my palm, and fed him.
He refused to drink water last night, so I let him, eventhough I'm worry, because it was already 24hrs since the last time he drank.
This morning when I woke up, I found poop near the fridge, which is a good sign. Our puppy digesting his food, and we feel relieved.
We took him to the vet again, to get his antibiotic shot.
He peed on the weighing scale, and once again, we feel good about him peepee :)
The doctor look onto Muffin's red and swollen scrotum, and said it is normal.
We just need to keep the floor clean, so he won't get any infection.

Muffin still refuse to drink when we brought him back from the vet.
So Bill came up with a cup of water, and I told Bill to use spoon.
He didn't want to lick the water in the spoon, so I press the side of his mouth to make it open, and managed to put 3 spoon of water to him.
And till now, Muffin drank half cup of water already, all given to him by spoon, and he already finished one meal.
I hope he will get better soon.

Some pictures of Muffin :
His only possible comfortable position 

Red and Swollen scrotum *ouch*


No comments: