BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Muffin got neutered

Today is a big day and also a sad day for Muffin.

Harry, Chase's dog, whose been staying with us for the last 5 days is going home.
Muffin seems to be pretty sad about it for a little bit, but he don't have so much time to be sad, because not long after that, we took him to the animal hospital, to get him neutered.

He was scared when we got inside, and I told them that I want to get Muffin neutered.
Then the vet assistant weigh him, and he weighs 5.95KG !
Not long after, they give him a shot for his heart, and 10 mins later, an anesthesia shot to put him under.

Operation starts, and I managed to peek from the window to see the process.
There was some blood, but not super a lot.
And I saw the vet took his balls out, cut it, and sew him back up.

Once the surgery is done, they open the door and Muffin was already awake !
He made a crying noise, and it was so sad to see him like that.

Bill made some pictures, showing Muffin's private after the surgery
 
Muffin has a little "pants" on, to keep his bandage

 And he have to wear this Cone collar too, to prevent him licking and biting the stitch on his private 

 
baby sleeping on the floor with his pants and 2 collars (one is not enough to prevent him licking)


Muffin don't like the collar at all, and I don't know if its the pants or the collar, but it make him sit in one place only.
And the worst part is that he has been prepared for the surgery since yesterday night, no food or water, and he can't drink or eat till 8pm tonight, which makes it 24hr !!!!
I hope he'll get well soon, its just too sad to see baby sick....(yes, I starts to call him baby the past 1 week)

total cost for the surgery, all the shots : anesthesia and I think 3x antibiotics, one today and for the next 2 days), special dog food (Royal Canin Adult Neutered, 1,5kg) , cone collar, and probably some other things I forgot, it is RMB 1,100 !!! or according to today's rate : US$160,962 !!!
Very very not cheap....oh lala....

And a good news, I heard something about me will become an aunt in September or October !! :D

It's a happy news, but somehow makes me a little bit sad, because I want one too !
It will be a couple years to go for me.... *sigh*
Anyway, congratulation to my brother and anita, my sister in law ! All the BEST !!  ^____^

No comments: