BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mom in Shanghai

On May 29th, Mom arrived in Shanghai Pudong Airport.
I woke up early to pick her up in the airport, and it was joy to see her again.
We took Maglev until LongYang Rd Station, then we took taxi to go home
Here she is in the Maglev, which runs at 300km/h speed


And her with the Shanghai Expo's mascot

When she was here, she got to meet my colleagues,got some lunch with them, and also she made laksa, and I brought the girls home to eat together, and they love it !

Once I'm done with work, she and I took a little city exploration trip, which means, I took her to a place where they sell all the ribbon, laces, etc. My mom loves that stuffs.
And of course we should take pictures at the Bund

We went to West Nanjing Rd Area, to do some shopping and eating experience, I picked 南翔小笼包 (NanXiang XiaoLongBao)
 you have to sip the juice !!

We took a train trip to Hangzhou,

walk down to 西湖 (XiHu Lake) took a long time, so we took some breaks as you can see,
 Sit together with this big family on the side of the street
Some pedestrian Street in Hangzhou
 resting on our way to 西湖

And finally 西湖 !!!

Second Day we took train from Hangzhou to Suzhou,
I was starving, so when we get in to Suzhou, 1st thing is to get lunch on a small restaurant recommended by Bill (based on Dianping review)
Lunch for two, Broccoli, fishes, and chicken !

We went to an old house for sightseeing, and on the way, there is this foreigner, obviously a tourist, sat down with a bunch of chinese guy and play cards. I asked his permission to take a picture, and below is him, in blue shirt, playing cards
 On the way in, the gate was decorated with this

A family used to live in this house
We leave the old house, and headed to the wedding market, I bought a wedding dress to be wear in US and a party dress.
Then we head to Suzhou Train Station, very tired

We rest for one day, then we are preparing to go to 黄山 (Yellow Mountain) on Friday.
It will be on the next post.


No comments: