BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

F.O.B

So this summer, if everything is well, I will be moving to US.

I will be a Fresh off the Boat (FOB), which according to Wikipedia means :
Fresh off the boat (or "F.O.B.") is a phrase used to describe immigrants that have arrived from a foreign nation and have not yet assimilated to the host nation's culture, language, and behavior

Yes yes, with my -I'm-so-cute a.k.a sok imut way of dressing (printed shirts, monkey hat )
and my strange yet very Indonesian English accent which only Bill can 95% understand)

Like if I don't say anything, I might not be looked so FOB (that if I only wear a plain shirt and jeans). 
But once I open my mouth, and people hear the way I speak, either the accent or the way I arrange my wordings, it is obviously I'm a FOB.

Am I worry ?
Yeah, a little (no, actually a LOT !!)

What if people don't understand what I'm about to say ?
What if they laugh at me because of my accent ?
What if they thought I'm somewhat retarded ?
 *ouch !*

Bill said it won't happen, because people in US are used to immigrant.
But still, even he laughed at me when I pronounce something wrong, like how I pronounce Avocado before.  T___T"


I can speak English, it's just not that great....


That's why among foreign friends (especially if they're American-British-Australian, because they're native English speakers) I will speak less, a little bit worry, I suppose 
*try to imagine me not talking !!!!! such a chirpy bird as I am !*

We'll see how it is next summer. 
Hopefully not as worrying *read : scary* as I thought it would be.


And I might apply to a school if I can't get a job rightaway.

We'll see.


It's just the thought of the day....

 


No comments: