BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 6, 2009

This Is It - Michael Jackson

First let me start by saying that I'm not a MJ fans, I never been.
But from today on, I will adore him.

I just got back from watching This Is It, and when I watch it, was awe by how great it is.
It's a movie about the preparation of MJ's concert.

Everything was great.

MJ
He changed, obviously. He is old and when the camera show his close up face, u can tell all sorts of plastic surgery have taken place.
But seriously, he is a great and talented artist.
He participate in every bit of the rehearsal and preparation. He is such a perfectionist person, so that he ask people to stop and do it as he said. But not in an arrogant way, instead, it sounds great.
He is a great dancer. It's hard to imagine to be able to dance like him. He controlled every single move.
His voice is amazing, it change from here and there all the time.
He is a true artist.
Like the crew said, he knows his music very very very well.

The Band
Believe it or not, the lead guitar is a GIRL !!!
Yay to woman (oh yes, I am Feminist !).
That girl, her name is Orianthi, and from what I read just now, she is only 24y.o !!
She ROCKS !!! or Pop ?!
Well, she is GREAT ! Her fingers move so fast and geez, she is just that good.
She plays guitar really well, and seriously, she is a GIRL !!
A girl who play guitar really really well, and she share the stage with MJ !
That is the deepest impression about the band, the guitar girl.
But I should say that the band is great.


The dancers
They came from....all over the world.
they got interviewed, and they're all fans of MJ.
Some of them was emotionally crying during the interview.
During the audition, it was a huge group of dancers. Like the audition for So You Think You Can Dance. And MJ was there to watch and pick his dancers.
In the end, they stick with about 20 dancers or so.
They are great too.
Seriously, big man with muscles, dancing their ass off. And sexy girls dancing and walk up and down the stage ?! Woohoo !!
There was one funny scene where MJ dance with his hand on his crotch, and when the camera shoot the floor in front of the stage, some of the male dancers was having their hand on their crotch as well. They're dancing with him...Haha....(well, at least I thought it's funny, lucky me !)

The Vocal
There is 1 girl who is still in my mind till now.
Her name is Judith Hill. She is pretty and her hair is neat !!
For a short time during the movie I was thinking to get my hair like hers. But I think it will be pretty impossible.
I love her voice and she looks very unique.
Very pretty !
I remember girls, eh ?
Well, not only that.
The vocals was great too.

The director, animation, behind the scene
I should say that this what should be a great concert was prepared really really well.
The director seriously know what he is doing, and all the preparation of the animation, the what so called "movie" for the concert was great.
They are so F**kin serious about this concert.

I can't imagine on how much effort they have put to make this concert. I have an idea, of course, but how could I know for sure ?

It is so sad that this concert will never happen.
It will be the greatest concert of this century, even just to watch the preparation, I could feel the adrenalin rush, and it makes my hair stand for several times.
Call me sentimental, but I feel grateful to feel this.

This is the first movie I ever watch in my life, where when the movie was ended, no one get up from their seats. Instead, they clap their hands, stick on their seat, still on the awe phase.
Believe me, I look over the studio, and people was sitting with their face facing the screen.
And remember, this is not an action movie, or drama or horror.
It's not even a movie !!

MJ, your death is such a BIG LOST.


I adore you.



PS : My vocab is not enough to describe how I feel about this movie. Not in English or Chinese, or even in Bahasa.
I highly recommend you to watch, eventhough if you are not a fans of MJ.

3 comments:

Ling said...

u got me!

-Tess- said...

u better watch..
and let me know :D

Ling said...

i didn't make it!! :(