BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snowboarding trip

We went to Bend, OR from Dec 17-19, for a snowboarding get away.
It will be my 1st try on snowboarding, and I'm excited.

I borrowed my mom in law's snow bib, and got it coated with some water repellent, and Bill waxed his board, packed our bags, and we're ready to hit the road.

It took us 6.5 hours to get to our destination, and it was a pleasant drive with lots of tress and beautiful view.
We arrived in late afternoon, then we went to downtown, and take a little walk and eat dinner, back to hotel, take shower and get an early sleep.

We woke up early on the next day, getting ready to go, and as we got into the shuttle bus stop, we find out the earliest bus is for employee only.
So we went back, bill chained the tires because the road was so snowy.
Long story short, we hop on the next bus, and take the 30 mins ride to Mt Bachelor.

Once we arrived, we immediately rent the shoes and board for me, and got me registered for the the 2hrs lesson.
I was excited. Man the boots were heavy ! and makes me walk kinda funny.

Me and 3 other girls took the lesson with our coach, Alex.
It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
We take the lift to go up the hill, and going down was fun !
I fell a lot on my butt in the snow, and I fell real hard a couple of times till I feel dizzy for a bit (my neck still hurts till now), but I kept on going, and it's all paid off.
I know how to snowboard in the end of the day.

I'm done at around 2.45. I was so tired.
The way back to the park & ride was miserable, because I was so dizzy and nauseous, and I just crashed into bed after soak my body in hot tub.

Driving home the next day was scary,
the road is extra snowy (more snow fall in the night time), and we have to drive real slow, and we saw tons of car got spun all the way to the side of the road and need to be towed.

All in all, it was a nice gate away.
We had so much fun, and I definitely will go snowboarding again !

below is some pictures from the trip :








Worst visibility ever


Now Christmas is coming soon.
Happy holiday !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

-Tess- said...

thank you, enjoy reading ! :D