BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

science class

This is my first quarter, back in school since 2008.

I am taking science classes, bio and chem, and never in the history of my life, I study this much !
And learn as much as well.

This time I attend the class, I listened, I review, I do exercise, and I actually understand it.
Instead of memorizing.
And it feels great.

In Bio we learn so much about cells and genes, and genetic information, and genetic disorder.
and its great (and kinda scary in some ways)

Learning about genetic disorders makes me wants to take out some eggs and just freeze it, and safe it till the time to have baby.
The risk of having baby with down syndromes is high if you are under 20years old and over 35 years old.
Better to make babies now, woman ! or else, make sure u get amniocentesis test.

IT is because the control system on the cell reproduction cycle tends to become bad as you are older.
Thus if something goes wrong in your cell (and baby are made from cell !) and during the cell division, it can just pass through the checkpoint.
And you may have a baby with some problem.

If your checkpoint is still good, working very well, the chance is that you will have miscarriage, if you have a baby with genetic problem.
This is just the way of nature to make sure that the baby that is being born is generally healthy, and will be able to survive.

So, should I safe some eggs ?

No comments: