BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Brachioradial Pruritus



YES, it is a real word !!

And it is :
A condition characterized by itching, burning and other sensations of the skin on one or both arms. 



The skin has no visible evidence of the skin unless the patient causes damage to the skin due to scratching or rubbing. 

The condition results from nerve damage.
It is believed that in some cases the condition arises from nerve damage due to excessive sun exposure. Thus the outer parts of the arm (which tend to receive more sun) tend to be more affected than the inner parts of the arm.



Symptoms :

  • Burning skin sensation on arms


  • Itching skin on arms


  • Altered sensation on skin on arms


  • Treatment :
    No cure found yet, but ice pack and cooling lotion seems to be effective.

    And, you are just reading about me.

    I believe I have this.
    And I have experienced the itch, mostly on my upper arm, since I came back from San Fransisco, early September.
    I remember on the way to SF, I got burned in the car, and got brutally exposed to the sun when we watch the baseball game in Oakland.
    I have done my part, put a big amount of sunscreen, but apparently, I have abused my skin too much, and damaged the nerve.
    And now I have to pay the price.

    Good thing that I have a mild case, so I feel itch when its too hot in my arm.
    I read that some people need medication to survive the torture.

    Thus lately I start to wear less clothes to sleep. I used to wear long sleeves pajamas, but now I changed to shorts and shirts.

    It doesn't hurt, but its uncomfortable.
    Because now when I feel heat, then I feel itch in my arm (and sometimes on my thighs)
    Earlier, I will get itch all over my body, especially the front part of my body, because that part got exposed too much to the sun (and too long too, 1 whole baseball game)
    Picture from the day which I think starts the damage of my nerve :
    baseball game at 130-300pm.

    Luckily till today I haven't scratched myself to bleed.
    Hopefully never.

    I promise I will treat my skin better.

    I hope miracle happen and I don't need to live with this for the rest of my life.

    No comments: