BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Memories of house maid

Since I was a kid, I almost always have a house maid.
She is there to help cleaning the house.
Sweep and mop the floor, wash and iron the laundry, watering the garden, dusting, clean the bathroon, etc.

Some of them stay for several years, while some of them only stay for few months or sometimes just 2 days !!

I still have some memories of them,  and I will share it with you.

Here they are.
1. Mba Mut
Mba Mut work in our house when I was in elementary school, probably when I'm in the 5-6th grade.
She was a teenager, probably around 15-16 years old.
She work at our house from morning to noon, and come again in the afternoon around 4pm to help mom watering the plants.

One time mom and dad went to Europe for 20days, and I stayed at home with my brother, Oma was in charge to take care of us, so she stayed with us. During this time, Mom instructed Mba Mut to stay in our house, so Oma could get any help in anytime.

Mba Mut sleep together with me in my bedroom. She sleep on the lower bed, and I'm on the upper bed.
She tell me some stories from her village, sometimes pretty scary one ! I got scared and end up sleeping while holding her hands.
She is also my 1st student, I taught her english, by gave her 1 page of dictionary to memorized, and give her the test the day after. It was fun.
She let me play with her hair (she is really clean), and she love to joke around with me.

From mom she learn to sew and make clothes, and now she have her own sewing machine and make clothes for other people in her village

Right now she is married and have 1 daughter. She sms my mom sometimes, and it's always good to hear news from her.

2. Mba Siti and Mba Sri.
They worked for us when I was younger, probably around 1st grade of elementary school
It was Mba Siti first, followed by Mba Sri.
Mba Siti can't read at all.
Both of them are very nice and patient with us.

Mba Sri quit to get married,
Mba Siti quit for a while, but end up working for us again later on.

3. Mba Enje
She used to be Tante Keng's maid.
But then she worked for us, I think since I'm in high school till now (there's a gap in between, which replaced by Marni)
She is nice, but a little bit lazy.
She is very honest and she is okay with dogs.
She give a good massage
and she is very chatty

Thats some of our maid. :)

No comments: