BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Our Indonesian Wedding, June 26th, 2011

June 26th, 2011, the date we've been waiting since last year, is our final wedding reception day.
We were very lucky as all the preparation has been done by my parents. Venue, food, salon, etc. We just need to dress up and show up with our biggest smile and enjoy the day.

The day started pretty late,My mom and I went to pick up Fiona (my best friend who came all the way from Malaysia with her fiance, Alvin, to be my bridesmaid) around 10.30am, then we head to May May Salon in Kelapa Gading Mal to get hair and make up done.

We made appointment to get the make up and hair do for party, a package which costs about $50/person. So there we go, getting our make up and hair done. Once my hair is done, I asked the person who did my hair to put a big white hair accessories which I will wear for the wedding. The manager of the salon saw it, and seems to be fuming. She start to take pictures of my hair piece (without my consent), and few minutes after that she talked to me and mom (who was waiting for fiona to get her hair done)
She said : "Excuse me, I show ur hair piece pic to my boss (through blackberry messenger), and my boss said that this counts as engagement make up, and thus the cost will be $250."
Me: "Are you serious, just because of this hair piece and it will be $250 instead of $50??"
"Yes, because its become different, you know. The make up is different, and you are counted as engagement make up."
"Which part of the make up is different, may I ask? My make up is totally the same with my mom and Fiona, and the only thing different is because I have this hair piece with me, and it's white. If it's not white, will you do the same to me?"
"Please don't put me in a bad position, my boss will yell at me if I didn't charge you with the engagement make up." ---> bad position my ass, she is the one who put herself in a bad position, because she has a big mouth and share my pics with her boss.
"So, the problem you boss is having is on this hair piece, right? This is what caused her to charge me extra $200 for 5 pieces of hair clip you used to attach this thing on my head, right?"
"Yes."
"Fine, then just take it off. I don't care that much. If this is the problem, you should just take it off. I am not going to pay extra $200 just to have it on my hair by you. But do it properly, I don't want you to ruin my hair do, because it is on the package already."

So, in the end I sat again and the person who did my hair took the hair piece off my hair, but I managed to ask for the hair pin to be brought home. He felt so bad, he kept on apologizing. I told him it's ok, as it was his manager craziness, not him.

I was really intended to make her more fuming (I was upset, but I wasn't in a bad mood), so after my mom paid the bill and everything, and she starts to walk away with Fiona, I walked to the manager (who is still fuming at me), and give her a big HUG and a pat on her shoulder. Reverse psychology, understand? Instead of yelling at her (which she expected me to do), I hugged her. So she can't yell at me (I hugged her for god sake!), but yet more angry inside! She can't rule my world with her anger, instead I ruled her, with my hugs.

My dad picked us up, then we all went to the apartment where Bill and Alvin (and the photographers) are waiting. The photographers are from Latreia photography, they are nice and fun people. We hang out for a while, before I put on my dress.

The dress was made a year ago, based on a model I found on a magazine, and I really loved. I made it at Melia Emmy, in Jakarta. And I only have 2 fittings on the dress when it was still really plain. I was very pleased with the end result. It was really simple yet very beautiful.
With my hand bouquet
I put on the hair piece on my own, but I also asked my cousins to bring some more of hairpins just in case I will need more (which I did, she put so much more to keep it stay in place). Some pictures are taken, then we went to the reception place, by that time (around 5pm), I was so tired and got a little bit cranky (very obvious)




some pics and us at the entrance door :p
We did some general rehearsal, and guests are start coming, and the wedding started. The wedding entrance song was Canon in D, as our original song on CD (Shower the People by James Taylor) can't be played (sad). We did all the process (cut the cake, wedding kiss, wedding toast), stand on the stage to shake hand with the guests, which caused me almost have a face cramp from too much smiling.
I was so excited because a lot of my friends are coming. I talked with people, took some pictures, and basically had a great time. Bill seems to have a great time as well.

We had a lot of fun, and in the end I was so tired, I just sat on the floor.
The wedding toast




All photos are courtesy of LATREIA photography.

2 comments:

Mario Lukman said...

Whew...never knew that a bridal like "M" would do something like that sis :(

Well..I hope u enjoyed the party and your honeymoon....

-Tess- said...

actually it wasn't that bad. A decision to take it with light hearted was the best decision as the incident didn't ruin my day. I enjoyed the party, and the honeymoon as well! I am so mighty tanned! LOL...xoxo