BillSa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

1st quilt

For Bill's birthday, I made him a quilt, and my mission is to create a beautiful meaningful quilt, which have a little bit a story behind every fabric pattern.

I don't know much about cutting fabric, and even less on sewing on fleece fabric (they're slippery !)
And I am so glad there is a backing behind the fleece, or else, that quilt will be a piece of shame (considering how ugly and it's not straight !!)

My friend Michelle, who is the owner of quilt finishing business, Finishing Fairies, helped me to square my quilt, put batting on it, sew the backing, put the quilt on her amazing long arm machine, and put the front binding together, and she must have an amazing skill, because the quilt turn out to be REALLY PRETTY !!
If you are in the radius of 30 miles from Seattle area, and have a quilt to finish, contact her, you will NEVER be disappointed.

I finished the binding in a few nights, and managed to give Bill his birthday quilt even though it was 1 week late.

Pictures of the quilt :
The quilt on Bill's old bed (front)

Cute baby pattern for the back

birthday quilt :)

His school

his favourite baseball team 

Muffin (too bad I can't find white dog)

International traveler, spend lots of time in airplane 

He introduced me to pirate booty 

He asked me to make him quilt with cars and trucks, I will make the serious one, someday !

He used to call me little baby monkey

He like the quilt, though I am the regular user.

I cant wait to have some extra time to sew, I really want to make a  real quilt ! 
or to sew again.







No comments: